Tuesday, October 26, 2021
Home / Articlespage 2978

ARTICLES

Yeti Farm Creative Forms Digital-Content Producer

KELOWNA: Canadian animation studio Yeti Farm Creative has launched YetiLABS, a new production and distribution unit focused on digital content. The venture has already rolled out two original digital-first productions, Knobs and Sweet Tweets, both available on YouTube. A girl-skewing action series is currently in production for a February debut. ...

Read More »

Netflix to Debut Original Crime Docuseries Making a Murderer

BEVERLY HILLS: Netflix has unveiled its plans to premiere Making a Murderer, an original ten-part documentary series that examines allegations of police and prosecutorial misconduct, evidence tampering and witness coercion. Making a Murderer will tell the real-life story of Steven Avery, who was convicted and later exonerated of a brutal ...

Read More »

TF1 to Acquire Majority Stake in Newen

PARIS: TF1 has struck a deal to acquire a 70 percent equity interest in FLCP, the holding company of the Newen group. The existing shareholders, which includes the company's management team, will retain the remaining 30 percent. The deal will be subject to approval by the relevant authorities over the ...

Read More »

Insurrection & Robert Kirkman’s Skybound Pact for Sci-Fi Content

LOS ANGELES: The Walking Dead creator Robert Kirkman’s Skybound Entertainment has entered a production partnership with Insurrection Media for the creation of exclusive sci-fi content. Through the partnership, Insurrection will provide the resources and support for Skybound to develop genre series. Insurrection would then handle international distribution of the content on ...

Read More »

NATPE to Expand Reality Track Program

LOS ANGELES: During the upcoming market and conference, a second day will be added to the NATPE Reality track, following its inaugural one-day run. NATPE returns to the Fontainebleau in Miami Beach from January 19 to 21 in 2016. The upcoming NATPE Reality track will feature a range of sessions and ...

Read More »

AT&T Carriage Deal Settles Entertainment Studios’ Race-Bias Lawsuit

DALLAS/LOS ANGELES: AT&T has begun carrying Entertainment Studios’ portfolio of networks a year after being hit with a $10 billion racial discrimination lawsuit. The new carriage deal will see Comedy.TV and Justice Central.TV added to DIRECTV’s offerings, while the U-verse platform will carry Comedy.TV, Recipe.TV, ES.TV, MyDestination.TV, Cars TV and ...

Read More »

REELZ Starts Year with Original Programming

ALBUQUERQUE: U.S. general-entertainment channel REELZ is set to start the year with several returning series, along with new specials and premieres. On January 19, the network will debut new episodes of Gangsters: America’s Most Evil showcasing true-life crime stories that went on to inspire Hollywood productions. January 23 will mark ...

Read More »