Sunday, February 17, 2019
Home / Articlespage 2771

ARTICLES

Shed Media US Appoints Programming SVP

BURBANK: John Hesling has left BBC Worldwide Productions Los Angeles to become the senior VP of programming for Shed Media US. In his newly created post, Hesling will work under Pam Healey, the general manager of Shed Media US. He will be charged with supervising all programming for the company, ...

Read More »

Consumer Product Licensees Sign Up for Stan Lee’s Mighty 7

BEVERLY HILLS: Genius Brands International has secured new licensing partners to develop product lines inspired by the animated movie trilogy Stan Lee's Mighty 7 (SLAM7), which comes from POW! Entertainment and Archie Comics. Factory Entertainment landed a worldwide toy license for the franchise, while Black Lantern picked up the global video ...

Read More »

Taylor Lautner Takes Over Lead in BBC Three Comedy

LONDON: Taylor Lautner, best known for playing Jacob Black in the Twilight Saga film series, is set to star in the second season of the BAFTA-nominated comedy Cuckoo for BBC Three. Lautner takes over the male lead from Andy Samberg (Saturday Night Live). He will play a handsome and mysterious ...

Read More »

ITV to Launch New Female-Skewed Channel

LONDON: Expanding its bouquet of free-to-air channels, ITV has unveiled ITVBe, targeting a younger, female audience with lifestyle and reality programming from the U.K. and the U.S. ITVBe will serve as the exclusive home of The Only Way is Essex. It will also feature the Real Housewives franchise from the ...

Read More »

Saban Brands Slates New Season of Power Rangers

LOS ANGELES: Power Rangers Dino Charge, the latest installment of Saban Brands' popular franchise, is due to debut on Nickelodeon in the U.S. in 2015, with a worldwide rollout planned for later in the year. Power Rangers Dino Charge watches as the team battles an intergalactic bounty hunter who is ...

Read More »

Astro Establishes Home Shopping Business

KUALA LUMPUR: Astro and its subsidiary Astro Retail Ventures have teamed up with GS Home Shopping to establish a home shopping business in Malaysia. Astro GS Shop (AGSSB) will be 60 percent owned by Astro Retail Ventures, while the remaining 40 percent is owned by GS Home Shopping. Astro's home ...

Read More »

Latin American Web Series Isla Presidencial Renewed

LOS ANGELES: Isla Presidencial is returning for a third season on the YouTube channel NuevON, with new episodes rolling out in March. The series garnered more than 30 million viewers during its first two seasons. It is returning to NuevON, which has a subscriber base of more than 330,000, The show ...

Read More »

OWN to Adapt Darlene Love Memoir

LOS ANGELES: OWN: Oprah Winfrey Network has acquired the rights to adapt singer Darlene Love's memoir My Name is Love: The Darlene Love Story as the network's first original TV movie. Love was recently featured in the documentary 20 Feet from Stardom. OWN also licensed the first broadcast window on ...

Read More »

Frima & Kids’ CBC Partner for App-Based Show

QUEBEC CITY: Canadian game developer Frima Studio and Kids' CBC have teamed up to bring the successful preschool app CosmoCamp to television in a new animated series. Set in space, CosmoCamp follows two bears as they explore the universe, attempting to bring justice and happiness to all. The show will ...

Read More »