Tuesday, October 20, 2020
Home / Articlespage 2845

ARTICLES

Kids Say the Darndest Things Being Remade in Nigeria

LAGOS/LOS ANGELES/LONDON: CBS Studios International (CBSSI) has licensed the format Kids Say the Darndest Things to Bafot Studios for a local remake in Nigeria. Kids Say the Darndest Things began as part of an American radio show and TV show that aired together from 1945 to 1969. The program returned ...

Read More »

Russia’s ivi Enhances Personalization of VOD Service

MOSCOW: The Russian VOD platform ivi is launching a personalized TV service that is meant to combine traditional television with a recommendation system. The newly launched ivi tv is being touted as a "first-of-its-kind personalized TV service," which is based on and integrated into ivi's VOD platform. The service features ...

Read More »

Nordic World’s Jan Salling Launches Own Formats Venture

LONDON/OSLO: Jan Salling, who has been serving as the chief operating officer and managing director of sales and acquisitions at Nordic World, is launching his own formats outfit, Missing Link Media. Salling will run the new venture in tandem with his new role as executive consultant to Nordic World. Missing ...

Read More »

Lagardère Active Acquires Grupo Boomerang TV

PARIS: Lagardère Active has picked up an 82 percent stake in the Spanish audiovisual production outfit Grupo Boomerang TV. The remaining 18 percent stake will continue to be held by the founding partners, who will carry on with the day-to-day management of the group. Grupo Boomerang TV was set up ...

Read More »

Hulu Commits to Another Season of Deadbeat

SANTA MONICA: Hulu has renewed Deadbeat, an original comedy series starring Tyler Labine (Tucker & Dale vs. Evil), for a 13-episode third season. Deadbeat centers on a hapless medium who helps New York ghosts resolve their unfinished business. Starring alongside ...

Read More »

ITV Orders New & Returning Factual Titles from Shiver

LONDON: ITV has commissioned several new and returning non-scripted titles from Shiver, ITV Studios’ factual division. Among the new titles is Animal Births, a new 6×30-minute documentary series following expectant animal mothers as they go through labor. Shiver is also producing two new hour-long specials for the Countrywise series, Countrywise: ...

Read More »

Jennifer Gardy to Host Escapade Media’s Genetics Series

SYDNEY: Scientist and TV presenter Jennifer Gardy has joined Escapade Media’s new series Genetics as executive producer and host. The 6×1-hour series, which was developed in-house, will give an overview of the history of genetics. Gardy previously appeared on The Nature of Things, Myth or Science and Discovery’s Daily Planet. ...

Read More »

FremantleMedia International Adds The Young Pope to Catalogue

LONDON: FremantleMedia International has picked up the exclusive international distribution rights (excluding partner territories) for The Young Pope, a new drama series starring Jude Law. The Young Pope, which begins production this summer, centers on the start of fictional Pius XIII's controversial pontificate. The eight-episode show, a joint production of ...

Read More »

Tattoo Shows Leave Their Mark

A decade after the launch of TLC’s Miami Ink and A&E’s Inked—both long credited with mainstreaming the once taboo world of tattoos—unscripted titles focusing on body art continue to draw audiences worldwide and across demographics. At the most recent MIPTV, FremantleMedia International (FMI) premiered Bondi Ink, an Australia-set reality show. ...

Read More »

NATPE Europe Adds More Sessions

LOS ANGELES: An expanded sessions lineup has been added to next month’s NATPE Europe in Prague, as well as a keynote by showrunner Adrian Hodges. An award-winning writer and creator, Hodges most recently created the BBC series The Musketeers. He will share his experiences and perspective of the global television ...

Read More »